Wednesday 16 October 2013

Starting a Business: Going Slow

About a year or so ago I started selling greeting cards which I hand make.
My bosses kindly allow me to sell my cards at work (I work at a news agency) free of charge. In a year I have sold maybe a dozen or so cards totaling just over a $100. In conjunction with selling them at work, I also run an online store at Etsy.com. I have so far only made two sales from this online store, hardly enough to pay for the cost of listing my items. I also have a facebook page and business cards.

I want to know what I can do to increase sales. I am well aware that retail isn't great, and in regards to pricing, everyone that I have spoken to has told me my prices are reasonable.


 Here are a few examples :)









It would mean a great deal to me if anybody could take a few moments to have a quick look at my store:
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/TwigsAndDuck
and then post a comment below with some feedback. For example what would stop you from committing to a purchase? What would you like to see more or less of? What information is lacking? etc

Thankyou so much to anyone who takes the time to help me!! It means a huge deal!!

Love Em :D

2 comments:

  1. Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and
    I am impressed! Extremely useful info specially the last part :) I care for such information a
    lot. I was looking for this certain information for a long time.
    Thank you and good luck.

    Look at my site; ลดน้ำหนัก

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm very happy you found this useful. Is there anything in particular you want to know that I haven't answered?
      All the best
      Em

      Delete