Monday 6 August 2012

MY NEW STORE!!

I just opened my  very own online store on Etsy, an online hotspot for all things hand made and vintage.

I have been making cards since about December 2011, I was inspired by videos on Youtube so off to Spotlight I went with my Christmas money to stock up on supplies. A couple of months ago I was telling my boss how I had become interested in card making and I was checking out all the relevant magazines that we sell. Every week or month, trolly fulls of magazines are thrown away because they haven't sold, and my boss not wanting to throw away stuff that can go to a good home, and be useful to someone like me gives me all the supplies and magazines that are set to be thrown away. I am so very grateful because I know the value of all that he gives me and if I was to buy them every week I wouldn't be left with much money to spare that's for sure! The only problem is...where do I store all this wonderful stuff??
This problem pushed me to start making cards before I have more supplies than floorspace. Each session of card making from set up to pack up takes me the good half of a day. If I start at 12pm I will still be going at seven or eight at night, sometimes later. It really is a time consuming hobby.
But I have made some beautiful cards, but there are only so many birthdays and people to give cards to, so from the encouragement of friends and family I have opened my own store and am now selling my cards.


Check Out Some of My Cards

Below each card is a link to each listing where you can see more photos, read the description, and purchase it for your very own!

"For the Love of Cake"
View full listing on Etsy - For The Love Of Cake

"Mind Over Matter"
View full listing on Etsy - Mind Over Matter

 "Celebrate!"

View full listing on Etsy - Celebrate!

 "Cherry Bomb"

View full listing on Etsy - Cherry Bomb

"Cupcakes"

View full listing on Etsy - Cupcakes

"Teapots"

View full listing on Etsy - Teapots

"Its the Little Things"

View full listing on Etsy - Its the Little Things


These and many more are all in store at www.etsy.com/shop/TwigsAndDuck.

I will note that even though the prices might seem high for a greeting card, the time, ideas, effort and cost of extra materials used in making these cards is far higher than factory produced cards. If it takes me an hour to make one card then I need to get paid for an hours work. I hope that my cards inspire you and you love them as much as I love making them.

I will be adding more cards as I make them and as I get time. I'm back at uni now so time is short but hopefully I will get the chance.

Have a wonderful day!!

Love Em




No comments:

Post a Comment