Friday 6 April 2012

Big Girls You Are Beautiful..

I just found this linked on Facebook and think its incredible and so true.
Italian artist Anna Utopia Giordano took some famous and iconic works of art portraying beautiful nude women of the time, and transformed the figures into the image of beauty in the 21st century.
I found myself guilty of automatically preferring the transformed image, and then my brain started to compare myself subconciously to the second image and thinking, do I look like this, or I wish I looked like this. WRONG WRONG WRONG! As I continued to swap back anf fourth between the two images, I began to see the original image as it should be, a beautiful, volumptuous, natural woman, and loving my body as it is.
We must change this toxic mentality and love our bodies as they are, lumps bumps and all :D Its who you are, its what you were given, and as long as you take good care of it, you should be very proud to have your body and be yourself!

http://www.annautopiagiordano.it/venus-ita.html

Tiziano - Venere di Urbino

No comments:

Post a Comment