Monday 23 April 2012

PERTH SUPAFEST 2012

I'm going to start by saying I had my doubts, this being my 3rd Supafest....but IT WAS FANTASTIC!! :D


The line up was:

Big Sean
Naughty By Nature
Lupe Fiasco
Ice Cube
Kelly Rowland
Trey Songz
T Pain
Chris Brown


Leading up to the big day I had been following the goings-on of the concert on Twitter, and it was a MESS. Missy Elliot didn't know she was coming, so her name was pulled off the list, then P Diddy didn't get his contract fulfilled so his name was pulled, Lil Wayne dropped out, Ludacris only played in the eastern states and Rick Ross dropped out half way through. So I obviously had my doubt about it all, and if it was going to be worth it with such apparent lack of organisation compared to previous years.
But I must say I was thoroughly impressed!
The whole event ran on time, the artists put on amazing and energetic performances, especially seeming they had all just stepped off a plane having performed in Melbourne the previous night.

The crowd was crazy as usual and the security wasn't as tight, I was (accidentally) strangled, got my hair pulled out, almost dragged into a fight that broke out next to me, crushed and generally went with the flow...


Kelly Rowlands Towel - Photo by Emily Wilkes


This towel is what almost killed me hehe
It was thrown into the crowed by Kelly Rowland and happened to land on my neck, before I knew it two people had grabbed either end and were pulling it around my neck :( one let go and it went over my head causing another person to grab it along with a chunk of my hair and one tug later...there goes my hair...
I was a bit shaken up by the strangling so I turned and said a few strong words then turned back and tried to get back to the show, a moment later one of the boys handed me the towel and apologised :) That was really sweet.

Not long after that a (possibly drunk) girl next to me started causing trouble and generally "disturbing the peace", her siblings tried to control her but one thing led to another and a fight broke out...causing everyone around us to become (even more) squashed together. Not long after everything evened out and people just got back to enjoying the show. It was a shame I missed most of Kelly Rowlands performance because what part I did see she was brilliant!

Kelly Rowland Supafest 2012 - Photo by Emily Wilkes

Big Sean...I am a BIG fan as of last night!! I do admit to asking my friend when is Big Sean coming on halfway through his performance, its just...I expected him to be bigger..hehe. He was so energetic and really lifted the energy of the whole arena!

Big Sean Supafest 2012 - Photo by Emily Wilkes

The whole event ended with a climax performance from Chris Brown, cant say I'm a huge fan but he was definitely entertaining :D
For anyone into RnB/Urban/Hip Hop I would say get your tickets for next year because it is one show you don't want to miss!! Cant wait for Supafest 2013!!





No comments:

Post a Comment