Saturday 30 June 2012

MY INDO HOLIDAY - DAY 6



Finally I have time and internet access to get back to blogging! :D I'm in Yogyakarta now and I love it!! I just want to stay here, its like Bali but with more space, no beaches and hardly any tourists, the people here are soooooo lovely, friendly and generous! I've had the best time since I've been here and done so many things I never thought I would do...but I'll save that for the next few posts.


On day six we caught the train from Jakarta to Yogyakarta, it took about 8 hours in total.

A commuter train with men sitting on top
I wanted to take the train because I wanted to see the country instead of just flying over it. But I now realize I wouldn't have missed too much by plane because for 7 whole hours it was NOTHING but rice fields all the way from Jakarta in West Java to Yogyakarta in East Java (near Bali). I took a few photos from the train but they were all quite similar. Don't get me wrong though, it was a very nice trip and was quite beautiful when we rode through the valleys and past mountains and a MASSIVE volcano.

Endless rice fields.

One very angry building :P


One of the amazing views from the train. 




Can you see the volcano?

After we arrived at the station in Yogya we took a Becak (beh-chuck) to our hotel. It was soooo much fun :D The image here is what a Becak looks like, they are everywhere in Yogya!
Photo: Becak, Yogyakarta: colloidfarl.blogspot.com


The view from our Becak, pretty awesome!!

My good friend Tennille that I study Asian Studies with is staying in Yoyga with her boyfriend who is Indonesian and through some twist of fate we ended up being in hotels across the road from each other!! Totally unplanned! So we caught up with them for a drink and called it a night.

Please read day 7 and 8 because I did some pretty awesome stuff!!

Em

1 comment: