Friday 22 June 2012

MY INDO HOLIDAY - DAY ONE!

So here is the start of my two week trip to Indonesia, primarily Jakarta and Yogyakarta. Follow my day by day blog of my trip so you can virtually visit Indonesia too! :D

DAY 1! Today wasn't very eventful  must admit so this will be short and sweet :)

I flew out of Perth at about 3am (40 min delay) and some how slept the whole four hours! That never happens, but if anyone was watching me sleep they would think I was from the circus, the amount of different leg/head/body contortions and positions I was in just to get to sleep was a feat in itself. I was flying Jetstar, as its a midnight flight and I don't need anything other than sleep so for me they are a great airline and apart from some minor delays they have been a wonderful airline to travel with.

I arrived around 7am, the airport has changed a bit since I visited this time last year so there was some walking back and fourth from one immigration/customs desk to another but I made it. :)
The weather has to be pointed out here! I came from sub zero temperatures in Perth into 100% humidity and 25 degree temperatures...it took a bit of adjusting but a nice relief from the stinging cold :D

I'm here to meet my boyfriend for our 2 year anniversary, for anyone who doesn't know; he's Indonesian and lives in Jakarta. We had a quick trip to our accommodation, but found out that my debit card doesn't work here, luckily I had enough rupiah on me to pay a deposit until I can exchange some cash.. :S

And here are some pics of our guest house accommodation:

View from the alfreso area


I loved the contrast of the pale green against the dark wood

I love this chair! It is in a room that looks like "Couches 'R' Us" with an array of all different colour and style couches!

I love the contrast of colours and architectural style in this photo. It represents Jakarta very well; a mish mash of styles, colours and cultures.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Em. Just letting you know I have enjoyed reading day 1
    Xx

    ReplyDelete